- KD29 GCV– These are the general terms and conditions of KD29 GCV, with registered seat at Korte Dijkstraat 3/8, BE-9200 Dendermonde, Belgium, registered in the Belgian Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under n° 0895720269, (RPR Dendermonde), hereafter ‘KD29 GCV’, ‘We’ or ‘Us’.
3. Offers and prices – All Our offers and quotations are noncommittal and remain valid until the “valid through” date mentioned on the offer. After this term, We are entitled to change offered prices and/or conditions of the offer, or refuse the order. All prices are VAT excluded, unless expressly stated otherwise. Bank and other charges resulting from international transfers or exchange rate fluctuations are entirely at customer’s expense.
4. Payment Terms – First fifty percent (50 %) of the speaking Fee is due and payable as a non-refundable deposit upon signing of this Agreement. If the amount is not received by KD29 GCV 7 days before the Event, KD29 GCV reserves the right not to perform and the Host agrees to reimburse KD29 GCV for any Expenses.
An invoice for the last fifty percent (50 %) of the Fee + all Expenses will be sent after the Event or Workshop. Payment terms are 30 days net.
Any amount that remains unpaid on the due date shall automatically and without prior notice be subject to interests, at a rate of 1% per month. In case customer does not pay the invoice in full by its due date, customer shall be liable to pay damages equal to 10% of the invoice amount, with a minimum of 65 EUR. Interests and damages are due without prior warning or formal notice. As for the interests, every started month is counted as a complete month.
5. Host Cancellation – If cancellation occurs at least thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled Event, the deposit remains due / remains in the possession of KD29 GCV, as well as all Expenses already incurred.
If cancellation occurs thirty (30) days or less prior to the scheduled Event, the entire Fee and any Expenses incurred are due and payable.
6. Speaker / Workshop Facilitator Cancellation
In the event Speaker / Workshop Facilitator experiences illness or an unforeseen emergency, KD29 GCV shall attempt to reschedule to another mutually acceptable date or time, or to provide a comparable speaker / Workshop Facilitator acceptable to Host for the Event. If the Event is not rescheduled and KD29 GCV does not provide a comparable acceptable substitute, KD29 GCV shall refund any Fees already paid by Host.
If Speaker is delayed for reasons beyond his control, but arrives and gives the full presentation, the Speaking Fee and Expenses shall be due in full.
7. Force Majeure – In the event that Host or KD29 GCV’s performance or any obligation under this Agreement is prevented due to the acts of God, government restriction, war, hostilities, civil disturbance, strike, acts of terrorism, lockout, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of any party, Host and Speaker / Workshop Facilitator agree that performance shall be rescheduled to a mutually acceptable time as soon as practicable after the force majeure condition ceases to exist. If a change of date and/or timing cannot be mutually agreed upon, Host and KD29 GCV agree that this Agreement is cancelled and that KD29 GCV shall refund any Fees already paid by Host.
8. Intellectual Property – Host recognizes that KD29 GCV and Speaker will be sharing their intellectual property and as such, the Host will have no claims to any rights of this property. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentences, Host may:
– YES: Printed Handouts: Use and make available for internal use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”
– NO: Printed Handouts: Use and make available for external use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
– YES: Digital Handouts (eg through the intranet): Use and make available for internal use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
– NO: Digital Handouts (eg through the internet): Use and make available for external use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
– YES: Audio and/or Video Record the Keynote Speech or Workshop
– YES: Audio and/or Video Recording: Use and make entire Keynote Speech or Workshop available for internal use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
– NO: Audio and/or Video Recording: Use and make entire Keynote Speech or Workshop available for external use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
– YES: Audio and/or Video Recording: Use and make a compilation of the Keynote Speech or Workshop available for internal use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
– YES: Audio and/or Video Recording: Use and make a compilation of the Keynote Speech or Workshop available for external use, as long as the copyright statement is attached: “© Rik Vera”.
In consideration of KD29 GCV offering these rights, Host agrees to provide KD29 GCV, at no charge, and with no restrictions on further use or publication, a copy of the audio and/or video recording(s) of the Event if, and only if, recording(s) are made.
9. Liability – To the fullest extent permitted by law, We can never be held liable for any form of damage, except in case of wilful misconduct or fraud. In any case, Our liability can never exceed the total value or the amount of the agreement in relation to which Our liability arises. Insofar We are dependent on third parties (such as suppliers or subcontractors) in the provision of services to the customer, we shall not be liable for any damage resulting from such third party’s default, including wilful misconduct, gross negligence or fraud of said third party. Under no circumstance, KD29 GCV can be held liable for any indirect damages such as financial loss, commercial loss, loss of revenue or profit, or loss of information.
10. Disputes – The Agreement contained in this document is governed by Belgian law. Any dispute or claim arising from or related to these general terms and conditions or agreements made with KD29 GCV shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Company Courts of the district of Dendermonde.